My Recipes

WELCOME TO JULIA THE CHILD'S RECIPES - Enjoy. I'm always looking for more wonderful recipes - if'n you have a wonderful good one, please let me know. Have a blessed day. Mine already started - long ago - always being blessed.

Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 21, 2008

WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL DRESSING (or STUFFING)

WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL DRESSING FROM A DEAR FRIEND IN ILLINOIS


Get bags of dried bread pieces, non seasoned,
(Or if desired) already baked Cornbread, crumbled
Fry up 1 lb of pork sausage, mild or regular. Do not drain.
Chop celery, onions and apples. Dump in with the cooked sausage, do not drain the sausage, add water to cover and cook. When almost done add a bunch of raisins.

Place the dried bread cubes, and cornbread in big bowl and pour broth from the neck, gizzard, etc., then plop 3 to 4 eggs over this and then add the sausage mixture over this. Add milk and broth until the mix is the right consistency. Bake at 325F until done.

I also add pecans!!! You can also eliminate any of the ingredients you do not care for - I really like it this way. My mama watched me make it and said "I've never seen anyone make dressing like that before. I don't like my dressing messed up". When I put it on the table for the meal, she took a bite with a bit of a smirk on her face, then finally said "Well, this is pretty good." A BIG COMPLIMENT FROM HER. She was the world's best cook.

No comments: