My Recipes

WELCOME TO JULIA THE CHILD'S RECIPES - Enjoy. I'm always looking for more wonderful recipes - if'n you have a wonderful good one, please let me know. Have a blessed day. Mine already started - long ago - always being blessed.

Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 21, 2008

MY HUSBAND'S FAVORITE BANANA PUDDING

CREAMY BANANA PUDDING
(Makes 8 to 10 servings)

1 (14-oz) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk (Not evaporated milk)
1 1/2 cups cold water
1 (4-oz) package INSTANT pudding (I use French Vanilla - it calls for Vanilla flavor)
2 cups (1 pint) whipping cream (I use the LARGE size Cool Whip)
36 Vanilla Wafers (I crush them and I use the FAT FREE Keebler - this is Merrell’s favorite)
3 bananas, sliced and dipped in lemon juice (I usually use about 6 bananas, and I do not dip them in lemon juice as it smells just like a skunk!)

In large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk and water. Add pudding mix; beat well. Chill 5 minutes. (I don’t usually take the time to Chill). Fold in whipped cream. Spoon 1 cup pudding mixture into bowl or whatever you are using. Top with one-third each of the wafers, bananas and pudding. Repeat layering and end with pudding mix. Chill thoroughly. Refrigerate leftovers.

I usually use a big long cake container with lid, but a 2 1/2 qt or more bowl will also work.

Wonderful stuff. This recipe was given to me a long time ago by Sister Glass, 80+ years, precious woman in our church in Belton, Texas. I hated banana pudding until she insisted I try her banana pudding, and since I would not have hurt her feelings by telling her that I hated the stuff I tried it and I was hooked!!!

No comments: