My Recipes

WELCOME TO JULIA THE CHILD'S RECIPES - Enjoy. I'm always looking for more wonderful recipes - if'n you have a wonderful good one, please let me know. Have a blessed day. Mine already started - long ago - always being blessed.

Total Pageviews

Monday, November 2, 2009

SELF-RISING BISCUIT MIX

SELF-RISING BISCUIT MIX

I love to have this all mixed up and in the refrigerator - very handy and you can just make one or however many you need!

5 C. Self-Rising flour
1 pkg yeast
1 tsp baking soda
1 C. water
2 C. Buttermilk
3/4 C Cooking Oil (I always use Olive oil)

Dissolve soda in buttermilk, mix all ingredients together and place in an air tight container, place in refrigerator. (The longer it stays in the refrig - the better). Pinch off amount needed for a meal and place on floured board; if desired may be rolled and cut, otherwise pinch off small amount and shape into biscuits. I roll it out and cut with pizza cutter! Quick! Bake @ 400 or 450 degrees (depending on your oven) until golden brown. I bake for 15 - 20 minutes.

Delicious!!

No comments: