My Recipes

WELCOME TO JULIA THE CHILD'S RECIPES - Enjoy. I'm always looking for more wonderful recipes - if'n you have a wonderful good one, please let me know. Have a blessed day. Mine already started - long ago - always being blessed.

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Julia's Chili for Snow Days

One day I was trying to improve my chili recipe and it was snowing.....this is the ONLY Chili I make that my husband likes...He's pretty picky about chili! I do LOVE this stuff!!!

Julia’s Chili for Snow Days

2 pounds Ground Chuck or whatever is the most lean
1 can beef broth -- 14 oz
2 cans water
1 cup milk + Mesa flour - enough to make thick
6 to 8 ounces Coke Cola
1 can tomato paste -- 6 oz
1 teaspoon Hershey’s syrup (I use the dry chocolate)
½ teaspoon instant coffee
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 teaspoons cumin
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon oregano powder
½ teaspoon seasoned salt
Chopped Chives (your guess…..)
Cilantro Leaves (again, your guess.)
Dehydrated Burgundy Wine
Six Pepper Seasonings
(If you don’t have the above listed seasonings, just do whatever!!!!) I’m sure it will be good.

3 cans Ranch Style beans (I use 1 with peppers, and 2 with onion)

1. Brown beef in a couple tablespoons of oil (I use Olive oil) in a heavy saucepan, crumbling beef with a fork until the pink color disappears.

2. Stir in beef broth, water, coke, milk with Mesa flour, and tomato paste, stirring until smooth.

3. Just dump all the rest of the stuff in the pot and let cook on low most of the day; I actually prefer the CrockPot.

No comments: